Now for something a little random. I bring you.. Tornado Script. A script that brings a whole new element to stormy weather in GTA V.
With this script installed, it brings the possibility that a violent tornado will spawn in when the weather turns bad.
Tornados can be set to appear naturally during thunderstorms or spawned at your command using a specified keybind.
If you have any ideas for what you want to see with this mod, please post it below. Thanks (:
WARNING - Keep in mind that this script does not come without a hit to framerate. It has yet to be tested on low- end machines, but I think its fair to assume that any especially low- end hardware may have issues running this. The single most important thing you can do to alleviate this is reducing the particle quality to low using the settings menu in -game
The INI config file gives you the option to adjust these settings.
Default activation key is the F6 key (heh)
- NET Framework >= 4.6.2
- ScriptHook V .NET
T- Opens Console.
Tips for Improving Performance
- Set particle quality to low in graphics settings
- Run the game at a lower resolution
- Adjust variables in the INI file such as "
MaxParticleLayers" and "ParticlesPerLayer"
- Adjust variables in the INI file called "ParticleAsset" and "ParticleName" (VortexAdvanced) to override with a (custom) less intense particle
- Reduced download size
- Re- added tornado "cloud top" effect
- Added (experimental) debris spawning system
- Increased the minimum distance to player when spawning during a thunderstorm
v1.3 (beta) Semi- Big Update
- Re- implemented the code for collecting entities, making for some nice performance improvements
- Added tornado siren and ambient sound effects that change dynamically based on the tornado strength and position
- Added dynamic detection of materials/ surfaces, allowing the tornado to take on the color of whatever material it is travelling over. Sand, dirt and pavement are currently recognized
- Tornadoes now have a random lifespan, making it possible for a thunderstorm to spawn multiple tornadoes in a realistic way
- Peds are now more reactive when seeing the tornado and will run for their lives (still perfecting this one)
- Additional changes to spawning and path-finding related code. The tornado should now avoid high elevations and stick closer to roads and open flat areas
- Improved framerate by 200%
- Tornado no longer follows the player
- Reduced vertical force scale for player entities
- Added an optional "cloud-top" effect that can be enabled via the config file
- Adjusted default "ParticlesPerLayer" from 9 to 10
- Support game patch 1.0.1365.1
- Added a ton more configurable options to the config file
- Added an in-game console to change properties of the tornado in real-time
- Fixes crashing issues related to the parsing of numbers in the config file
- Essentially rebuilt the entire mod from the ground up to favor performance. Although, the particles themselves remain quite a FPS- killer.
- Added realistic vortex physics (Much more like a real tornado)
- Added tweak-able options to the config file that allow customization of the tornado behavior.
- Removed the tornado sound (for now) since it was causing a bug for quite a few people. I plan to add this back at another time.
- Fix for HUD disappearing.
- Added some sound FX.