Skyrim HD - 2K Textures
Maintained By NebuLa1
Difference between SKYRIM HD and the HD DLC:
Click here for a comparison shot.
Since 2011, Skyrim HD is providing HD textures for 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim', ranging from
1K Resolution in Lite Version up to some 8K textures in the Full Version. It replaces over 600 textures and normal maps
all over the world of Skyrim and accumulated man-hours that go well into four-digit figures.
CUSTOM EDITION (FULL/LITE)
- Cities:This covers all the cities; Whiterun, Windhelm, Markarth, Solitude, Riften, Farmhouses and those of the Dragonborn DLC.
- Landscape: This covers all landscape textures.
- Dungeons: This covers all the dungeon textures (basic dungeon ground and dwemer ruins).r
- Misc:This covers the rest: reflections, water, sky, clutter, clothes, etc.
(The Dragonborn textures are included in each package, but don't necessarily need the DLC to be installed)
- FULL - All the textures are at the maximum resolution. Average is around 4x the official HD DLC.
- LITE - All the textures are at 50% of the FULL Version. Average is around 2x the official HD DLC.
What is covered?
- Landscape (all textures)
- Water surface
- Rain Ripples
- Water fog
- Water streams
- Blacksmith Items
- Firewood/Ash/Burned wood
- Alchemy workbench
- Enchanting workbench
- Baisc Ground Texture
- Dwemer Ruins
Fixes texture Bugs from Beth's HD DLC
- 4GB RAM
- 2GB VRAM
If unmodded Skyrim runs smooth, LITE shouldn't have an effect on performance.
Keep in mind that the FULL version can increase loading times. If you have an SSD,
this shouldn't be a problem.