A mod for The Sims 4 records the First Times your sims experience something big, and remains for their entire life. Think of it as a 'list of major things Sim has ever done / lived' that can also show with whom, grant special moodlets and relationship statuses, and a bit more!
How It Works
Your Sims will* automatically acquire memories / milestones* when they experience something marking for the very first time ever.
A little ‘click’ and special effect plays when a memory is acquired. A special moodlet will also show.
1. You are able to open your sim’s memory profile to quickly visualize what marking events have happened in their life.
The memories appear in CHRONOLOGICAL order.
2. You are able to open your sim’s memory profile to quickly visualize what marking 'first time' events have happened in their life.
The memories of those 'first times' appear in CHRONOLOGICAL order.
Only the 'first time' appears in the panel. But the panel holds information about subsequent happenings too, and who things happened with, including who was first, etc. More on this below.
When in that window, clicking a Sim will give you some choices:
3. Sims might react differently to things happening for the first time VS later in life.
At the moment, this translates as additional moodlets – for example, a Sim will get a different moodlet for being fired the first time and for being fire one more time.
[list][*]There are social bunny posts, for those who have High School Years (the pack is NOT a requirement for this mod, but if you don’t have it, of course you won’t have the social bunny posts).
List Of Memories
NOTE - The wording below is not always the same as the wording in game!!!
- Acquired a Business
- Adopted a Pet
- Became a Widow(er)
- Became an Occult
- Became President
- Became a Vampire
- Became a Spellcaster
- Became a Werewolf
- Befriended a Dolphin
- Befriended a Talking Toilet
- Made a Best Friend
- Carried a Baby for Another (via my Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul mod)
- Licensed a Song
- Gave Birth
- Got Kicked Out by Parents (via my Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul mod)
- Joined a Religion (via my Rambunctious Religions mod)
- Lost Custody of Children (via my Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul mod)
- Won Custody of Children (via my Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul mod)
- Published a Video Game
- Mastered a Musical Instrument
- Went Scuba Diving
- Summited a Mountain
- Turned a Sim into a Vampire
- Reached the Top of a Career
- Won a Gaming Competition
- Won a Starlight Accolade
- Lost a Best Friend (ie, they died)
- Born in [insert world]
- Came Out (via my lgbtqia mod)
- Cheated on a Partner (Only Woohoo counts)
- Child Taken by Social Services
- Cured of Vampirism
- Death of Child
- Death of Parent
- Death of Pet
- Death of Sibling
- Died of [death type]
- Degree in [degree]
- Graduated High School
- Dropped out of High School
- Dropped Out of University
- Found a Fated Mate
- Gave birth to an Alien Baby
- Got a Job
- Got Fired
- Had a Committed Relationship
- Had a Fight
- Had a Permanent Separation
- Had a Wedding Ceremony
- Had an Abortion (via my Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul mod)
- Had a miscarriage (via my Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul mod)
- Had Children
- Had Grandchildren
- Had great Reputation
- Had terrible reputation
- Hero of Strangerville
- Kissed someone
- Moved to another “world”
- Parents Separated
- Published a book
- Saw a strange creature in space
- Sold a masterpiece
- Took gender-affirming steps (via my lgbtqia mod)
- Took Vacation to Another World
- Visited Sylvan Glade / Forgotten Grotto / Deep Woods
- Was abducted by aliens
- Was cheated on (only Woohoo counts, witnessed, or confessed via my RPO mod)
- vWas Spared by the Reaper / Nearly Died
- Was World Famous
- Won the Lottery
- WooHoo’d in Space
- Woohoo’d with someone
- Lost a Grandparent
- Lost a bf / gf
- Witnessed Fire
- Learned to Love Again
- Was Adopted (via my RPO mod)
- Gave child up for Adoption (via my RPO mod)
- Got divorced
- Got married
- Left a Religion (from my Rambunctious Religions mod)
- Wrote a Book
As you can see above, some memories are associated with mods. Here are the mods in question:
- LGBTQIA: gender and orientation Overhaul, by me. You can find it on MTS.
- Relationship and Pregnancy Overhaul, by me. On my Patreon for free of course.
- Rambunctious Religions, also by me, also on Patreon.
- On first install, the mod will retroactively add to your sims the 'first time' milestones / memories it can deduct from your Sim’s relationships, etc. It can RETROACTIVELY deduct ONLY CERTAIN STUFF, since a lot of it depends on custom code in the mod itself, so, a lot of it can only be properly acquired after the mod is installed.NOTE: WHEN RETROACTIVE, the mod has no idea when each thing happened, so, the retroactive stuff is added in an order that is always the same one. WHEN RETROACTIVE only, it also has no idea who as fought with, or kissed / woohoo'd with first.
- There is also a menu under ‘actions’ to cheat-add or cheat-remove milestones /memories.
- There is a Social Interaction to ask other Sims about their memories / milestones. It won’t tell you everything though.
- If you shift + click on another Sim, you will see a cheat to view their Memory Panel.
- When a Sim kisses / woohoo’s for the 1st time in their life, or kisses someone for the fits time, they will have a special additional status with that sim:
- I want to add More Impact for milestones / memories! Also More social Interactions! But I must rest my hands at the moment.
- More stuff to be displayed in the panel. I’m working on listing and displaying all careers a Sim has ever had[/*]
- More memories can and probably will be added later, share your suggestions if you want!
- Integration of / with other mods is possible, but requires cooperation between the other modder and I.
- If you use my Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul mod and have its August version, YOU MUST RE-DOWNLOAD IT FIRST as it was updated to work with this mod.**
- No known full incompatibilities.
- NO known partial incompatibility.
- NO overrides used.
What happens if you don't have [insert pack name]?
If a resource from such pack is required for a memory to trigger, you will not have access to it via gameplay because you do not have the required pack. This is all handled through script and therefore there is no need for alternate file versions etc.
Special Thanks To!
- Thanks to BlackCherry and Sheila for their vital testing.
- Thanks to Frankk, Lot51 and TwelthDoctor1 for their modding tools.
- Thanks again to Frankk for helping with the chronology thing!
Last Updated: Dec. 5th - 6th.
- Changed how university degrees are handled.
Dec. 5: v1.5
Serious Behind-The-Scenes Rework + On-the-stage Additions_This update was a_ substantial procedure, so, stuff could have gone amiss in minor ways - please report if you notice anything not quite right!!!
- I've basically remade most of the mod's code, to make it better, lighter and make future integrations a hint easier.
- More nuance has been added, now marriages are considered differently from bf/gf type relationship
- About 10 new memories, bringing the total to +- 80 for now.
- New moodlets
- New social bunny posts
- Revamped the interaction to ask others about memories; now their response depends on friendship level. They also respond in chronological order.
- New cheat to 'remove all memories' in one click _(note that this is intended for you to re-add the memories in a different order upon retroactive install, for example. If you 'forget' some memories, the mod might still re-add them because it reads that the sim would have had them).
- Allowed Toddlers to view their (very scarce) memories, too- Fixed issue with coworker's profiles not opening from memory panel
- Probably more that I didn't write down.
WARNING - I do not test or proof read translations and cannot guarantee anything about them other than their existence
- French by Kimikosoma (upcoming)
- Spanish by CamillaLavampira
- Spanish by Laura Martinez Barca
- Germanby nikkinvin
Italian by MassimoSims
Brazilian Portuguese by FlavaSims
Polish by Daisy1728