One of my main problems with Sims 4 is how the Aspirations work. Rather than being lifetime commitments like previous games, they're more like extended tutorials. At last for me, this resulted in shallow and one-minded gameplay. I also wanted Aspirations to be more challenging, it should not be a guarantee that every Sim completes their Lifetime Aspiration IMO. They're supposed to require some hard work, and maybe even a little luck.
So I set out to fix it! This mod reworks Aspirations to get rid of their multiple levels/goals. Instead, they now have only one goal. They also all reward the same amount of satisfaction points (5,000). The result is a game which doesn't just encourage following a single path, and makes Sims feel more individual. It also encourages exploring different areas of the game. I don't think I've played certain careers or done certain activities ever just because they weren't tied to an Aspiration, and this mod helps alleviate that issue.
My Sims used to be nothing more than digital Satisfaction Point slaves, but not anymore!
WHAT THIS MOD DOES
- Changes all Aspirations to have a single goal, designed to take most of a Sim's natural life to fulfill.
- Adds 38 brand new Aspirations to help round out the game.
- Adds a new "Fulfilled" trait as a reward for completing Lifetime Aspirations, grants a permanent "Happy" moodlet." Old reward traits have been moved to the Rewards Store.
- Adds an "Occult" Aspiration category, and moves all Realm of Magic/Vampires Aspirations there.
- Most Aspirations grant 5000 Satisfaction Points upon completion, with the exception of the "Location" (1000 points) and "Occult" (2000 points) categories and Child Aspirations (1000 points).
- Aspirations in the "Star Wars" category are now hidden until the Sim visits Batuu, and worth 1000 points.
List of new Aspirations
- Hall of Famer - Reach Level 10 of the Fitness Career in the Professional Athlete Track
- Indie Developer - Have Earned $100,000 in Royalties from Developing Video Games or Apps
- Undercover Agent - Base Game Deviance - Reach Level 10 of the Secret Agent Career
- Black Widow - Suffer the Deaths of 3 (Preferably Wealthy) Spouses
- Mega CEO - Reach Level 10 of the Business Career
- Star Trekker - Reach Level 10 of the Astronaut Career
- Getting Around - Woohoo with 30 Different Sims
- Homewrecker - Convince 20 Married Sims to Leave their Spouses
- Trend Setter - Reach Level 10 of the Style Influencer career
- Outstanding Vet - Own a 5 Star Vet Clinic
- Opinionated - Reach Level 10 of the Critic career
- Charitable - Reach Level 10 of the Politician career in the Charity Organizer track
- Media Guru - Reach Level 10 of the Social Media career
- World Leader - Reach Level 10 of the Politician Career in the Politician track
- Cross-Country Stitcher - Complete 100 Cross-Stitch Pieces
- Gargantuan Gardener - Harvest 30 Perfect Quality Oversized Crops
- Restauranteur - Own a 5 Star Restaurant
- Legally Sim - Reach Level 10 of the Law Career
- Academic Legacy - Have 3 Children Earn a Degree
- Master Educator - Reach Level 10 of the Education Career
- Mechanical Genius - Reach Level 10 of the Engineer Career
- Interior Innovator - Reach Level 10 of the Interior Decorator Degree
- Theater Kid - Reach Level 4 of the Drama Club After School Activity (Dramatically Gifted reward trait)
- Private Eye - Reach Level 10 of the Detective Career
- Culinary Connoisseur - Reach Level 10 in Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, and Baking Skills
- Soulful Baker - Bake 10 Cowplant Essence Merengue Pies
- Retail Therapist - Personally Ring up 200 Customers
- Mad Scientist - Reach Level 10 of the Scientist Career
- Top Surgeon - Reach Level 10 of the Doctor Career
- Conservationist - Reach Level 10 of the Conservationist Career
- Siren's Song - Use Mermaid Powers 30 Times (Mermaid Magic reward trait)
- Paranormal Profiteer - Complete 10 Paranormal Investigations (Temperate reward trait)
- Llamacorn Scout - Reach Level 5 of the Scouting After School Activity (Scouting Aptitude reward trait)
- Flower Power - Gift 10 Orchid-Scented Flower Arrangements
- Queen Bee - Have Earned §50,000 from Selling Honey
- Corporate Worker - Reach Level 10 of the Salaryperson Career
- Self Care - Do Wellness Activities for 100 Hours
- Master Chief - Reach Level 10 of the Military Career
- When Sim ages up from Child to Teen, the Aspiration selection menu may show stock Aspirations in addition to the modded ones. Duplicates do not show after aging-up process is complete. (Investigating cause)
- I've done my best to set each Aspiration goal so that it will take until the late Adult/Elder life stage to complete in normal gameplay (aka not just spamming interactions), but I can't really verify this without playing through every single one individually. Frankly, I don't have the time to do this right now, so I will very likely be tweaking the goals based on feedback and as I gradually work through each one.
- Constant evaluation of balancing for Aspiration goals.
- Add translations for all languages (need help with this, details above)
- Introduce brand new Aspirations which focus on often-ignored areas of gameplay (suggestions welcome!).
- Possibly make "Location" Aspirations hidden until your Sim visits the relevant worlds (need feedback on this!).
I ended up doing almost all of the work by hand-editing XML files, but Zerub's Mod Constructor V4 was very helpful in figuring things out. And, of course, Sims 4 Studio.
Working with Patch 22.214.171.1240 as of Sep 21, 2021
Updated to v.05 on Aug 26, 2021
- Added 13 brand new Aspirations!
- Overhauled the "Country Caretaker" Aspiration from Cottage Living, and moved it to the Animal category.
- All Aspirations not in the Child, Location, Occult, or Star Wars categories now have the "Fulfilled" Reward Trait. Pre-existing Reward Traits have been moved to the Reward Store.
- Changed the "Successful Lineage" Aspiration goal to "Have a Child Complete a Lifetime Aspiration."
- Changed the "Academic" Aspiration goal to "Earn an Honors Degree."
- Added more Party types to the "Party Animal" Aspiration.
- Aspirations in the Star Wars category are now hidden until the Sim visits Batuu.
- Added translations, primarily for the Chinese, Czech, French, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish languages (see Translation Credits file).
If anyone is up to helping with translations, I've started a document here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dit?usp=sharing