CURSEFORGE LAUNCHER: The TWITCH LAUNCHER has been replaced with curseforge's own launcher which you can download here: https://curseforge.overwolf.com/
OPTIFINE: RLCraft v2.9 now needs the latest Optifine or G5 found here: https://optifine.net/adloadx?f=OptiFine_1.12.2_HD_U_G5.jar
Do NOT use E3 Optifine anymore as this will crash.
FORGE: Please use AT LEAST Forge version 2860 to fix a serious exploit concerning Java and Log4j. RLCraft v2.9 comes with and requires Forge 2860.
SERVERS: Server owners be aware that enable-command-block=true must be set in your server.properties file or certain structures will not generate correctly and be missing villagers! (just read included readme for servers)
STOP USING VANILLAFIX AND BETTERFPS WITH RLCRAFT, THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE
OFFICIAL RLCRAFT WIKI BEING CREATED HERE: https://shivaxis-rlcraft.fandom.com/
MERCH!! New RLCraft merch has been made, check it out here! https://streamlabs.com/Shivaxi/merch
This started out as a simple little thing I was putting together for my own server and friends, and since then it's turned into something pretty ridiculous. I've gotten some requests about releasing it as a modpack so here it is.
RLCraft, the RL standing for Real Life or Realism and is a take on another mod I made for Unreal called RLCoop that generally has a similar goal, is my interpretation of what I've always wanted in Minecraft when it comes to pure survival, adventuring and RPG, and immersion. I hand selected many mods and individually tweaked each and every one to fit the exact play-style I was looking for, making sure they all worked fluidly with each other, adding my own custom scripts for various changes to vanilla behavior, etc.
Bottom line is, this ain't your dad's Minecraft, and you're going to die...a lot. Just be prepared for that. This tends to happen whenever I make mods for any game for some reason...it usually ends up being unfairly difficult.
PUBLIC SERVER INFO!
Join the official discord here https://discord.gg/2BZseKW for more info regarding public servers and updates to RLCraft.
If you're looking for my specific shader/texture pack combo, check pinned messages on my discord in the minecraft channel
1.12 UPDATE QUICK START GUIDE! YOU'LL BE LOST IF YOU DON'T READ THIS!
Spoiler (click to show)
QUICK START GUIDE
- -Right click to pickup an item you're looking at or crouch to pickup items in a radius around you
- -Can't punch trees, blocks require their tools for harvest (except weak blocks like dirt, gravel, etc), otherwise won't drop anything
- -Make flint tools first, get flint from gravel, get sticks from breaking tree leaves, hold flint and right click on a hard surface (stone) to smash flint into flint shards, punch tree leaves for sticks, stick + flint shard on top = flint knife, use flint knife to cut grass, gives grass fiber, 3 grass fiber = grass string
- -Make flint hatchet (axe) with stick, grass string, and flint shard. In your inventory you can look up any recipe, bottom right search bar, type flint and left click on flint hatchet to see recipe
- -Use hatchet to chop tree, get wood, place wood on ground, right click with axe to chop into planks, get also place planks on ground and chop with axe for sticks
- There are rocks all over the ground, right click to pickup, craft 4 together 2x2 to turn into cobblestone, stick + cobblestone makes a dagger, good starting weapon
- -Drink water with empty hand, crouch, right click on water source block, can also drink from rain if it's raining
- -Lookup healing items, some are easy to craft, some are hard, string and paper is easiest
- -Birch wood can be crafted into paper
- -3 wool makes a sleeping bag, won't set spawn
- -Waystones set your spawn point, if you hate your spawn, don't activate a waystone
- -If it looks like it will kill you, it probably will
- -Press H, locational hit damage now, helmets are important or you WILL get headshot
- -When you reach level 5, PRESS L (now tab in inventory screen) and choose your specialization to start earning extra XP. You have 2 skill menus, L skill menu for special skills in various categories, and the skill requirements tab in your inventory. For example, you need 8 attack to use an iron sword. Items list their requirements.
- -Several ways to combat the hot/cold, there's campfires, wool clothing, potions, ice armor, etc
- -Lots of new and custom generation, exploring and finding shelter first is a good idea, shelter may even provide starting items
- -String and even grass string can be turned into wool!
- -Highly recommend Optifine for 1.12.2 found here: https://optifine.net/adloadx?f=OptiFine_1.12.2_HD_U_G5.jar This will allow you to hold light sources in your hand and have them emit light
Spoiler (click to show)
Here are some of the major features from included mods that have the biggest impact on the game so you know what to expect
- Thirst Bar
- Temperature & Heat
- Healing From Food Removed
- Torches Made More Realistic
- F3 Debug Disabled, Map And Compass Enhanced
- Mob Spawners Drop Loot & Have A Set Lifespan Now
- Randomized Spawning When You Have No Set Spawn Point
- Items & Abilities Locked Until You Level Up In Certain Skills
- New And Powerful RPG Skills And Perks Can Be Unlocked With XP
- Randomized Ruins, Structures, And Dungeons Generating All Throughout The World
- All New Weapons & Tools
- All New Mobs, Passive & Aggressive, From Lycanite's Mobs, Ice & Fire Dragons, & Infernal Mobs
- New Custom Crafting & Smelting Recipe's For Certain Vanilla Items
- Sound Engine Overhaul For Added Realistic Immersive Experience
- Item Physics Overhaul
- Brand New Enchantments, Potions, & Individual Item Qualities
- Over 340 optional Quests!
- All new underground biomes, cave and cavern generation
- Revamped Nether
- CARPETS ON STAIRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler (click to show)
Simple Difficulty aka Rough Life (thirst & heat) - The mod with the most influence in this pack. You have a thirst bar along with hunger now, plus you have temperature to worry about as well, with changing seasons and biome specific heat, probably not the greatest idea running into a desert in the middle of summer, or going high into the extreme hills mountains when its just becoming winter. There are many ways to combat the heat and quench your thirst, wool and ice armor, campfires and juices, etc
Rough Tweaks (no health regen) - A simple but powerful change to the healing mechanics. No longer will eating food restore your health. Mobs will occasionally drop salves, plaster, and bandages that can all be used to heal your wounds. These can all be crafted as well as found as loot, along with the ability to create much more potent medikits that can even become enchanted later on. Remember, more advanced healing items like medikits will take a second or two to heal, be sure to hold down right click until you heal or it will cancel.
Reskillable (leveling system) - No longer are you able to use diamond gear and tools right away, or know how to use an enchanting table and anvil, or farm certain crops even. Skillable adds several skill categorys which you level up with your XP. For example, you must reach level 16 in the attack skill to use diamond weapons, while you must reach level 8 in the building skill in order to use anvils. These skills and requirements have been specially tweaked for this modpack, extending early and even mid game quite a lot.
Level Up! Reloaded (skill tree with perks and abilities) - With the addition of Reskillable, Level Up! is a separate skill tree that allows you to specialize in either combat, crafting, or mining, to gain extra XP from those different mechanics respectively (This previously did not work, owner JUST updated and fixed this for 1.11.2 on my request for this modpack specifically, thankyou Beeto!!). Furthermore it adds in a new skill tree for unlocking some powerful skills like faster sprinting, more melee damage, less damage from falls, double ore smelting chances and quicker smelting, faster bow draw time, stealth abilities so mobs can't detect you when sneaking, and a lot more. Access by pressing L (or now the new tab in your inventory).
Lycanite's Mobs - A LOT of new mobs that are biome specific, as well new items and weapons that can eventually be obtained from these creatures, even the ability to have some of them as pets and/or mounts! Random mobs events are also turned on in this modpack. Check out the wiki here for more info: https://lycanitesmobs.com/
Infernal Mobs - Various mobs will now rarely have a chance of spawning with magical properties, anything from a zombie that can summon fireballs, or a skeleton that can trap you in webs. Careful around these guys! They do drop some nice loot though.
Realistic Torches - Torches are now unlit when crafted, and must be manually lit with either a match box or flint and steel. They don't last forever and will burn out over a few Minecraft days. They can also be put out by the rain as well. Normal permanent ever-lasting torches can still be crafted however with the use of applying glowstone dust to unlit torches or slapping some glowstone paste on a lit torch. More info here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/realistic-torches
Varied Commodities (decorations) - This mod is mostly for decoration, adding in a new crafting table to create things like tables and chairs, shelves and a few other decorative items. Most of the items and recipes are disabled for not fitting with the modpack and you won't be able to obtain them, however Varied Commodities does also add in some alternative light sources like lanterns and candles that could come in handy.
Better Survival (new weapons with abilities) - Craft the right tool for the job. You have warhammers which can push back enemies, battle axe's for disarming mobs, spears that can be thrown and extend your reach, daggers that are quick with high sneak attack damage, and nunchakus that can be held down for attacking which increase damage the longer you spin them. More info here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/better-survival-mod
Quality Tools - Crafted tools will now come with various qualities that can enhance or degrade your items. These can also be reforged using a reforging station to try and better the qualities. Applies to all tools and armor, even baubles items like rings, toolbelts, and amulets.
Dynamic Surroundings (compass and clock enhancements) - Along with the sound overhaul realism this mod brings, it also enhanced the compass to show coordinates now and proper cardinal directions, which you will need since F3 Debug has been disabled. The added ambient sounds and effects really bring out an awesome immersive experience when it comes to pure survival and adventure.
Antique Atlas - A much more advanced map that I gave a custom recipe, can be used for marking locations and even showing where you died. Can also be duplicated like a normal map and given to a friend to share.
Bloodmoon - A bloodmoon is set to appear at a 1% chance every night. When this happens, you cannot sleep, mob spawns are quadrupled, and the spawn radius from players removed, meaning mobs can spawn right next to you. Be extremely careful when this event happens.
Crystal Caves (1.11.2 only) - A small but useful mod that adds Crystal generation to cave systems mainly. When broken, the crystal shards can be used to create the standard weapons and tools, with the same stats as iron with the exception of lower durability. This adds a good medium between stone and iron tools.
Ruins, Recurrent Complex, Doomlike Dungeons, & Rogue Dungeons - I currently have Ruins with a custom library setup to generate all sorts of biome specific structures, bringing a lot more life to the world. Recurrent Complex adds even more randomized and amazing structures to find, discover, and explore in your adventure. On top of that, you will find many more (and very hard) dungeons throughout the world courtesy of Doomlike Dungeons and Rogue Dungeons.
Battletowers - Various battletowers will now spawn all throughout the world with my custom loot tables, the loot getting far better the higher you go. Beware of the tower guardian though at the top, guarding the best loot.
Baubles (new rings, toolbelt, amulets) - New inventory for adding rings and amulets to your character, as well as a new tool belt that can be crafted and used for added inventory space and quick swapping between items using the tool belt wheel (check controls for key bind) More info on the tool belt mod here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tool-belt
Waystones - Waystones act like waypoints from Diablo and generate randomly and very rarely throughout the world. Once found, they can be activated, and are great for fast traveling around your world, at the cost of XP. You can even craft special scrolls to be able to teleport to active waystones. These waystones cannot be destroyed. The warp stone item has been disabled. https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/waystones
Tree Chopper (1.11.2 only) - Chop down entire trees at once by crouching and using an axe on a tree.
Dynamic Trees - No more floating trees! Trees can be chopped down in one go and fall over realistically...just don't get in the way :)
Global Gamerules (randomized spawning, no F3 Debug) - Global Gamerules forcibly sets the difficulty to Hard, as well as randomizing players spawn point currently between a 10000 block radius (that's 10000 to -10000 in either direction). On top of that, F3 Debug has been limited to no longer show coordinates or compass directions, and you must rely on items in game.
Food Expansion - Not much to say here, MO FOOD YO!! https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/food-expansion
XP Book - You'll want to obtain one of these as soon as possible. Allows you to store your XP safely into a book you can retrieve later, which prevents you from losing any gained XP on death.
Iberia (1.11.2 only) - I am only using the sleep mechanic from Iberia so far, check out the mod here: http://rockhymas.github.io/iberia/#iberia-minecraft-made-harder-iberia-2-iberian-sleep
Wearable Backpacks - Backpacks you can craft and wear, takes up the chestplate slot of your inventory, shift hold left click to equip, and shift right click to set down (nothing in hand) can also be enchanted, colored, and has durability. Note that in RLCraft you cannot access your backpack while it's equipped, however friends are able to access it for you while it's on your back.
Grapple Hooks / Hook Shots - Added the Wooden and Stone grapple hooks with custom recipes from https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/grapple-hooks (only wood and stone, all others disabled) and hook shots from https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/advanced-hook-launchers
Item Physics & Multi Mine (pickup items by right clicking or crouching) - Two mods that add a bit more realism, Item Physics allows items to be thrown great distances (hold down Q) with proper physics now, where certain items can float in water, and some will no longer burn in lava. Multi Mine allows blocks to retain its' damage, rather than resetting when you stop mining that block
Custom Recipes (smelt armor and tools, craft chain mail and horse armor) - I've added in my own recipes for being able to smelt all tools and armor to get ingots or nuggets back that differ from vanilla, giving you about half of the materials back. Example, a diamond chest plate will now return 4 diamonds when smelted. Chain mail, horse armor, and saddles can be crafted, along with wolf armor as well.
Mob Spawners Are Limited - With the number of new dungeons that rely on mob spawners, farming would become far too easy. I had a custom mod made just for this modpack as a result (big thanks to Pyroform!) which allowed me to control how Mob Spawner works. In this modpack, Mob Spawners will destroy themselves after 10 mobs are killed from the mob spawner. However each time a mob is killed, they begin spawning 25% faster. Mob Spawners now drop much more XP and randomized loot, but be careful, if the Mob Spawner destroys itself as a result of 10 mobs being killed, it will drop nothing.
You're probably going to die...like a lot. But there is a lot you can do to prevent this and get a good start. (also remember you can't pickup items unless you right click on the item or crouch)
- CHOOSE YOUR BIOME WISELY - With the new temperature and heat mechanics along with biome specific mobs, setting up shop in a desert in the middle of the summer probably isn't the greatest idea, nor is being in the mountains either during winter without the proper gear. You simply won't be able to explore certain biomes right away until you have the necessary equipment for it, especially since certain biomes will be far more dangerous than others with Lycanite's Mobs.
- EXPLORING CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE - A big part of this mod is built around exploration. It is very likely for you to come across various abandoned shelters, some with beds even, or others that could have useful loot and gear.
- START LEVELING IMMEDIATELY - You probably noticed that to even use shears, your Gathering and Farming skills have to be at 4 each. Start spending those levels right away, as you probably will not be able to sleep the first night or 2 regardless. Skillable is accessed from your inventory, while Level Up! is accessed by pressing L.
- DON'T SLEEP IN THE OPEN - Due to the new sleeping mechanics, you won't sleep properly if your bed is just out in the open, and risk being attacked in your sleep. Make sure it's sheltered and your surroundings lit up properly. (This was for 1.11.2 RLCraft only)
- TOP PRIORITY ITEMS - There are a few things you'll be wanting to try and obtain immediately. You'll need either a Canteen or Water Bottle to drink, so kill some cows or find some sand to smelt to glass. To light torches you'll need a flint and steel or a match box. Match boxes are easier to obtain than Iron, so try to find some sugarcane to make the paper you'll need for crafting one. Cobblestone and Wood are used to craft fire places if it's too cold, and lit by right clicking the fireplace with sticks a few times, or a flint and steel. Water is the easiest thing to cool you down if you're too hot, getting a bucket of water should be on your top priority list here. Sheep can't drop wool any longer but you'll want to find them rather quick regardless if you want to make a bed any time soon. (Crystals are great tools and weapons to use early on once you have 4 levels into Attack, keep a lookout for these, lower durability but same stats as Iron, though the advanced weapons cannot be crafted from Crystal. 1.11.2 RLCraft only)
This pack is still a work in progress and as such is unfinished. I'm constantly working on this pack and looking for mods that would work well with the style I'm trying to achieve, while trying to balance out what's already there. While I'm more than happy to take suggestions and encourage it, remember that this is supposed to be rather hard, even unfairly so, but at the same time I am trying to make it somewhat 'fair" and "balanced" in a sense so that it's not impossible, but rather just a very hardcore challenge that will take all of your skill to survive. Also feel free to report any bugs or anything missing from the Wiki link above, I've been working on this so long I may have forgotten about some of my changes (especially 2.9 changes jesus that changelog is long).
Please report any bugs you find through the issue tracker: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/rlcraft/issues
As stated before, I'm still looking to add to this mod. For one I'd like more baubles items and trinkets of that regard that will fit with this modpack. Will update smelting to work with items that are damaged soon (done). I also want to change some crafting recipes I think, with it being rather hard to craft the healing items, so I may change those around (also done lol). As always feel free to make suggestions! Would love to hear feedback what you guys think so far. Electroblob's Wizardry is currently being looked at for 2.10
The list below is a bit outdated (originally for 1.11.2 RLCraft) but all mods this pack uses can be found here: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/rlcraft/relations/dependencies
Spoiler (click to show)
- (old 1.11.2 list)
- Advanced Hook Launchers (by EnderLanky)
- Antique Atlas (by Hunternif)
- AutoRegLib (by Vazkii)
- Battle Towers (by AtomicStryker)
- Baubles (by Azanor)
- Better Survival (by Mujmajnkraft)
- Better Foliage (by octarine_noise)
- Bloodmoon (by Lumien)
- Chunk Animator (by Lumien)
- CompatLayer (by McJty)
- CoralReef (by primetoxinz)
- Craftable Horse Amour & Saddle (by EwyBoy)
- CraftTweaker (by jaredlll08)
- CreativeCore (by CreativeMD)
- Crystal Caves (by Steelfeathers)
- Doomlike Dungeons (by BlackJar72)
- Defiled Lands (by Lykrast)
- Dynamic Trees (by ferreusveritas)
- Dynamic Surroundings (OreCruncher)
- Food Expansion (by Lellson)
- ForgeEntertech (by EnderLanky)
- Forgotten Items (by Tschipp)
- Global GameRules (by Gory_Moon)
- Grapple Hooks (by Kloonder)
- Iberia (by gibraltarMC)
- Ice & Fire: Dragons (by alex1the1666)
- Infernal Mobs (by AtomicStryker)
- ItemPhysic Full (by CreativeMD)
- IvToolkit (by Ivorius)
- Just Enough Items (by mezz)
- Level Up! (by Beeto)
- LLibrary (by iLexiconn)
- Lost Cities - (McJty)
- Lycanites Mobs (by Lycanite)
- Multi Mine (by AtomicStryker)
- Needful things (by Dyonovan)
- Not Enough Potions (by Tmtravlr)
- PotionCore (by Tmtravlr)
- Quality Tools (by TmTravlr)
- RealBench (by Prototik)
- Realistic Torches (by Chaosyr)
- Recurrent Complex (by Ivorius)
- Roguelike Dungeons (by Greymerk)
- Rough Tweaks (by Lellson)
- Ruins (by AtomicStryker)
- Skillable (by Vazkii)
- So Many Enchantments (by Shelter_Rin)
- Sound Filters (by Tmtravlr)
- Mob Spawner Control (by Pyrofab)
- Switch-Bow (by White_Draco)
- Tool Belt (by gigaherz)
- Tough As Nails (by Glitchfiend)
- Traverse (by ProspectorDev)
- Tree Chopper (by DuchLord)
- TschippLib (by Tschipp)
- Varied Commodities (by Noppes)
- Waystones (BlayTheNinth)
- Wearable Backpacks (by PuppetzMedia)
- Wolf Armor And Storage (CenturionFox13)
- XP Book (by Winter_Grave)